The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sunrise Burial at Sea

I love you so much, Mommy. You were so honored this morning through your sunrise burial at sea. It could not have been more perfect. About 25 people came to celebrate your life with me at 6 o'clock this morning. The boys of The Exchange (the acapella group from The Sing-Off) sang Amazing Grace and All My Loving by The Beatles. They did such a wonderful job. Lloyd spoke a few words, and then Jenn read a poem that had been given to her when her father passed years ago. It was very special. I scattered your ashes into the ocean, and then they gave me roses to toss in afterward. I threw them in one by one, and then when I was finished everyone there threw a carnation in as well. It was so beautiful and so perfect, Mama. At the end, Lloyd declared you an official SAS Alum and placed a Lifelong Learner lanyard around my neck on your behalf. You got your dream, Mom. You are officially a Lifelong Learner. The voyage photographer and videographer documented the entire memorial, so now Dad and I will have photos and a video to cherish forever. You are so loved, Mama. I hope you're feeling it. Everyone really did everything they could to make this memorial at special as possible, and it truly was. I love you so unbelievably much, Mom. I know we did you proud today.

No comments:

Post a Comment