The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rough Day


Today has been rough. I’ve really been struggling. I didn’t know what to do with myself all morning. I wandered aimlessly around the ship, laid in my bed, watched a movie, listened to music and did crosswords, tried to do anything to get my mind off of you. All I want to do is cry, but my body won’t let me. 

One of the passengers, Jenn, who was actually a staff member on my Summer 2011 voyage decided to hold a little party for those of us on the Enrichment Voyage who sailed Summer 2011. It was a lot of fun. She ordered wine and crudités. We shared stories and memories. It was a good time. After the party we all went downstairs to the dining hall and kept the storytelling going. It was great to reminisce.

After dinner, Jenn, a woman named Kristine, and I went up to the piano bar and talked. Jenn lost her dad while she was a student on SAS in 1991, and Kristine has lost her father as well, so they are able to understand what I’m going through. It was nice to talk with them and share stories about you, get advice, and just talk in general. I miss you so much, Mom. I’ve been having the hardest time today. I need some comfort. Please visit me tonight.

Tomorrow morning we arrive in Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala! I’m excited. I will be doing a guided tour of the colonial city Antigua. I have no idea what to expect. All I know is that the temperature will be in the 90s!

I’m having a hard time formulating thoughts tonight, Mama. My writing is not very cohesive, and I don’t feel that I am doing myself or you any justice by continuing to ramble. God, I miss you. Today has been rough. Tomorrow’s a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment