The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hola from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!


Hola Madre!

What a day today has been! I woke up this morning to see a fiery red sun rising over Cabo San Lucas. You would have absolutely loved it. I left the ship this morning at 10:30 to set out on my snorkeling adventure! We boarded a boat and were immediately greeted with pina coladas that kept coming throughout the afternoon. The boat ride to our snorkeling spot took about 45 minutes, and was a beautiful scene. Once we finally arrived, we jumped off the boat with our snorkeling gear. I had never been before so I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. I found a patch of coral where there were several different types of fish! I even found Dory from Finding Nemo! So fun! I swam to shore and laid on the beach for a little while as well. Once we were done, we climbed back onto the boat and feasted on chicken kabobs, rice, beans, and various other delicious Mexican food. 

Cabo was absolutely beautiful, Mama. It was a great place to go for the first port on our itinerary. I’ve been missing you a lot today. I keep hearing Dad’s choked up words from that 7:30am phone call, “Lissy, I have some sad news. Your mom passed away.” It just keeps repeating in my head. I still don’t understand how this is real, Mom. How can it be that you’re not here anymore? How can it be that I’ll never get to hug you again or hear your voice? It’s so surreal. I love you so much, Mama. Keep watching over me and keep me safe. Keep watching over Daddy too. He really misses you. I’m very glad that I got to talk to him today.

Currently my roommate Katie and I are watching a lecture about the history of Semester at Sea. It’s so interesting. I know you would find it fascinating. You are Semester at Sea’s biggest fan after all.
The ocean has really been rocking today. I love the waves rocking me to sleep. Come rock to sleep with me, Mama. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment