The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Missing You

I'm really, really missing you today, Mom. My days are good and filled with happiness, but my heart is aching. There's not a second that passes by that I don't think of you.

I slept in late this morning, mostly because I was sad. I figured the more I slept the less time I spent being sad.

I went to a workshop today about techniques to improve your memory. I made sure to bring your stuffed dragon with me because I know you certainly would benefit from that particular workshop. I have been keeping dragon by my side when I especially need some comfort. The workshop was actually very interesting and effective. We learned several strategies, including some that I learned about in my psychology classes. As of today I will forever be able to recite the alphabet backward.

Tonight they also had another performance by the comedian/magician. It was a great show. The magician managed to not only get out of a suit jacket while handcuffed behind his back, but somehow also managed to put on a superman suit! As entertaining as the magician was, the one piece of magic I wished he could do was make you appear. Is it too much for a girl to ask for?

I still haven't cried since I've been on the ship. I'm actually beginning to feel anxious about the fact that I haven't cried. I feel like I need a really good breakdown, but it just hasn't come yet. I know it will in time, but I'm just waiting for the release.

I did do something for myself today though. I bought a pair of SAS sweatpants. As you know, Mom, my two favorite things in the entire world are Semester at Sea and sweatpants...so what could be better? I'm wearing them right now, and they are super comfy. I talked to Yvonne in the campus store again today. I told her all about you, and she gave me the biggest hug. We talked for a while. She introduced me to a coworker as "one of her favorites." She is so wonderful.

I miss you so much, Mom. Life is just so unfair. I don't understand why you had to go so soon. Someday it will make sense, but today it certainly doesn't. I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment