The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ecuador: Day 2

Hi, Mommy. Today has been a very hard day. Last night after I had my initial breakdown, Elaine let me spend the night in her room in the extra bed so that I wouldn't have to be alone since my roommate Katie is in the Gallapagos. It was very kind of her. I woke up this morning feeling physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. I had no motivation to do anything, and I spent today on the ship. I sat in my room for most of the day and just cried. I miss you so much, Mom. It's so unfair. All I want is my mom. All I want to do is call you and hear your voice. I want to be able to snuggle up next to you and watch Will and Grace. I want to open my inbox and see 5 emails from you. Why did you have to go so soon? I just want my mom. My heart hurts so bad. I feel so lost and so empty.

I pulled myself out of bed to go to dinner with Elaine, Chris, Jennifer, and Danielle (they all work in the field office). I showered, dressed myself up, put makeup on, and everything. We had a delicious dinner. The portions were enormous. I tried ceviche for the first time, and much to my surprise I loved it! I also ordered smoked salmon with teriyaki sauce. Delicious! We had a nice time. I'm glad I went.

I'm completely exhausted now. I am going to go pass out. I have a field program at 7:00am tomorrow. I am going to the Pacoche forest, where I should hopefully be able to see some howler monkeys!

I love you, Mommy. Bring me some comfort tonight. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment