The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Costa Rica: Day 2

Mama!!! I did it!!! I went ziplining in the rainforest in Costa Rica! It was incredible! I was pretty scared, but I had a great time! The rainforest was so cool! We had a pretty strenuous hike to get to the top to start our canopy tour, and I forgot my inhaler, so it was hard for me. While we were hiking, it poured on us. You haven't seen rain until you've seen rain in the rainforest. It was crazy. Here is a video of me doing one of the ziplines. I thought you'd like to see it! We even got to do two different free falls! It was so fun.


After our ziplining canopy tour, we got to eat dinner at the restaurant attached to the ziplining place, and I finally got my authentic Costa Rican food! So happy!!

I've really enjoyed staying at the hostel, Mom. I've met people from all over the world, including Germany, China, and Italy. It's such a unique experience, and I know I would not have had this had I stayed at a hotel.

Here are a couple pictures from ziplining today. I will post pictures from my voyage soon. I need to go to bed early as I have to wake up at 5:30am for my tour tomorrow! Ahh so early! I love you so much, Mom! Missing you every second.









No comments:

Post a Comment