The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Last Day in Civitavecchia

For those of you who were wondering how in the world you pronounce "Civitavecchia," here you go: chee-vee-tuh-veck-eee-uh.
 
Well, it's our last day in Italy. Unfortunately, I will most likely be spending it in my cabin because I have gotten even sicker than I was before. Part of me is halfway tempted to walk into town just to get one last gelato before we leave Italy though. I think I'm going to go back to the medical clinic today to get some medicine. The nurse practitioner told me the virus should run it's course, but it's been going on for way too long now, and it's just getting worse. I can't stop coughing. It's hurting my lungs. My throat is on fire, I'm losing my voice, and I'm really congested. This is no fun.
 
Kendra got back yesterday, and it made me so happy. She was yelling at all of our friends, saying, "Have you been taking care of my roomie while I was gone??" because I'm sick. It was really cute. I'm glad she's back. I'm excited for Amanda to get back too. Last night we went into Civitavecchia for some pizza and gelato. I got the "yogurt e frutti di bosco," which is the "yogurt and fruit of the forest" flavor. It was the best gelato I've ever had. So good.
 
Tonight we set sail once again. We have two whole days at sea, and then we'll be in Croatia! I'm very excited for Croatia. I'm actually going on an overnight trip to Montenegro while we're in Croatia, so that's pretty neat because I get to go to an extra country! During the two days at sea we're resuming classes. It's going to be strange having classes again because we haven't had class for nearly two weeks since Spain and Italy were back to back. I'm kind of excited to have classes for a couple days...well, not so much Global Studies, but the other two. I'm kind of excited to be at sea for a couple days as well. I like being at sea.
 
Even though I missed out on quite a bit of Italy from being sick, I've had a wonderful time. I'm sad to say goodbye. Italy always has my heart. As much as I struggle with learning foreign language, I would really love to learn Italian. It would make me feel so connected to my roots. My Italian heritage is a very big part of my identity and my being. I know this is not the last time I will be here. I will return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment