The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Dubrovnik City Walls

Hello from Croatia! Or should I say: Zdravo! We arrived in this beautiful country early this morning. Traveling on a ship is a really strange phenomena...you just wake up and suddenly you're some place new! You don't feel like you're traveling because you're walking around, living life the whole time instead of being stuck in a seat for hours.
 
I was able to go do my tour of the city walls today. It was pretty incredible. The city of Dubrovnik is separated into the Old Town and the New Town. The Old Town is surrounded by the city walls (which were used to prevent invasions in the past). It took us over an hour and a half to walk all the way around. It was rather strenuous with all of the steps. It wouldn't have been a bad walk if it weren't for the fact that it is currently 100 degrees in Dubrovnik (which apparently is some wild occurance that isn't supposed to happen), and there was no shade on the walls. That made it a little treacherous, but the views were completely worth it. You could see the entire town, the sea, and Lokrum Island. Dubrovnik sits right on the Adriatic Sea. It's beautiful. The water is a very clear blue and it sparkles from the reflection of the sun. I can't wait to go swimming. There is a SAS trip where you go kayaking and snorkeling, and I might try to buy it from someone or see if there are any spots left. That sounds like so much fun!
 
I'm feeling better than I was yesterday, not great, but definitely better. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be significantly better. I'm so excited for my overnight in Montenegro tomorrow! I've heard it's absolutely incredible there.
 
I went down to the purser's desk to get my passport since I'm crossing the border into Montenegro tomorrow, and I was really bummed to see that they haven't been stamping our passports at immigration. I was so excited for all my stamps, but oh well, it's ok.
 
I am going to go relax before I go out to dinner with my friends! Goodbye! Dovidenja!

No comments:

Post a Comment