The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another Day Sick at Sea

Well, that was extremely anticlimactic. After all of the uproar from my Global Studies professor about how crazy the water was going to be, we had one of the calmest nights at sea. What a disappointment. I also did not see Mt. Etna either, but that could be because I tried to go to sleep early.
 
I am getting sicker and sicker. I haven't been to class all day. I've been laying in my bed. I started the antibiotics yesterday, but they haven't kicked in yet. I was up the entire night coughing. I have no energy. I can't breathe out of my nose. Apparently my cabin is freezing, but I'm unbearably hot. My roommate told me I look yellow. I feel so out of it. I don't know what to do with myself. We get into Croatia tomorrow morning, and I'm doing the City Walls tour, which involves a lot of strenuous walking. I don't know what to do. Croatia is supposed to be the most beautiful place we're going, and I don't want to be sick while I'm there. It has been SEVEN days now. I just want to be healthy again, so I can enjoy my voyage!
 
I have nothing really valuable to say because I've been couped up in my cabin all day. I would love it for people to email me to provide me with some sort of excitement. It would really make my day (awevans@semesteratsea.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment