The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Two Months

I can't really make the dots connect in my brain that it has already been two months since you left us, Mom. It seems like it was just yesterday, and two months seems like a big reality to face. I don't know how to face it. I'm so afraid of going home to a quiet house. I know I still have five weeks in the Philippines, but the thought of home getting nearer and nearer is kind of terrifying. How am I supposed to get off the plane when you're not waiting at the airport? How am I supposed to walk into the house when you're not there either? It doesn't make sense, and I'm so afraid for what I will have to face.

I've been really sick the past couple days. I slept all day yesterday, and haven't gone to a placement in the past two days. I know that my body is overdue for being sick and rundown, so I'm not too upset about it, but I'm just ready to be better and to get back to work. Luckily, I have some really great friends who have been taking care of me (getting me medicine, food, etc.). I know you'd really like my friends here.

I love you so much, Mom. It's hard being sick and not having a Mommy to whine to. I know that's silly, but it's so true. I miss you everyday, but especially today.

No comments:

Post a Comment