The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Adventure to the Hospital

Hi, Mom. So, as you know I've been rather sick the past couple days. Today Ate Mary Ann decided to take me to the doctor. I had no idea what to expect. So, we got there, and basically you just choose whatever doctor you want to see depending on their specialty and you put your name on the list and wait. I was number 6, and the doctor hadn't even arrived yet (naturally, because everyone operates on Filipino time). We waited around for a while, and eventually I was seen. The doctor ordered some labs to be done and wrote me a prescription to help my stomach and to rehydrate me. I have to go back in a couple hours to get the results of my tests. I'm thinking they should all be normal. My guess is that my body is exhausted from traveling for so long and that I drank a glass of lemonade with ice in it (the ice was not purified). I don't think it's anything serious.

On a much lighter note, I came home and checked my phone. I found this text message waiting for me from the doctor's office. It was written exactly like this, "..hai, the doctor will be here at da clinic!.this iz da secretry of doc estanislao. thank u!" I started laughing so hard. That was from the doctor's office! A professional place! Oh man, I love the Philippines. So funny.

Today is Rafiah's (my hostsister) dance recital. I'm really, really hoping that I'm feeling well enough to go. Ate Mary Ann was telling me that Rafiah loves to dance more than anything, but that sometimes they can't afford it. I thought about it for a while, and I decided that I want to sponsor Rafiah's love of dance. As a former dancer myself, I know what it can do for a person. It only costs 500 pesos (less than $12) a month, and it would make me so happy to bring so much joy to this girl's life. I think that is a much better place to put my money than anywhere else.

Tonight in celebration of Daddy's birthday, my hostfamily and I are going to eat cake! Happy Birthday, Daddy! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

I miss you, Mama. Stay close.

No comments:

Post a Comment