The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Convocation

I'm going to be posting separate posts about the past several days that I missed.

The day after the Ambassador's Ball was Convocation. They acknowledged the graduating seniors, several speeches were made, and they presented the final video/slideshow. I completely lost it. This was when it finally hit me that the voyage was ending. I had to get up and leave, so I went out on one of the side decks and let my tears fall into the ocean. This was it. This was the end. I barely regained composure, and headed back inside just in time for the final video/slideshow. It was wonderful. The photographer and videographer did an excellent job at recapturing the voyage. I really enjoyed the presentation.

That day was also packing day. Our suitcases had to be packed and taken to our designated spots by 1:30pm so that they could be prepared for immigration/customs/debarkation the next day. It was surreal watching everyone bring their baggage out to the deck. Everyone was all packed up.

I spent the rest of that day enjoying our last night together with my friends. Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment