The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A's for Alissa!!! & Wonderful Notes From Wonderful People

Today has been the greatest surprise!
 
First, I got both of my field practicum papers back from Adolescence, and I got A's on both of them!!!
 
Then, I got both of my field practicum papers back from Global Studies, and I got an A on the first one and a '+10' on the second one!!! (the second one was extra credit...most people only got +5!) The +10 one was the paper I said was the worst paper I'd ever written...apparently not! Since I already got an A on the first paper, the +10 will be added to my second exam, boosting it up to a 96! I kind of wish it was being added to the exam I took today because I'm not sure how I did on it, but I calculated that as long as I get a 77 on this exam I will get an 89.6, which should be an A. I'm so happy! I didn't think I would get an A in Global Studies!! I don't want to jinx it though...I'll know for sure tomorrow when the exam grades are posted.
 
I am ecstatic right now.
 
OH another great surprise of the day: Just as I was trying not to focus on how unbearably hungry I was (and I absolutely refuse to go to the pool bar or the piano lounge and pay for snacks), the dean came over the intercom, announcing that as a celebration of our completion of Global Studies the dean's were surprising us with an ice cream social! It was the best surprise and could not have come at a more perfect time!
 
I got my map back from Staci, and she wrote the best message: "Alissa, What a joy it's been to meet you and get to know you better. When I hear Gaga's 'Edge of Glory' I think of you and get excited about what's to come in your vibrant future. You are now a sister and I welcome you anytime for a visit and longer chats. Continue to know your worth and press forward seeking excellence. Stay in touch and enjoy the next steps in your journey. Staci" Then she drew a humongous arrow pointing at San Francisco with stars around it. Isn't that the best message? I love her so much.
 
Then Drew, my boss, wrote: "Alissa, Thank you for letting me be a part of your journey and watch as you struggle and grow into an evem more amazing young woman. I see great things in your future and expect to hear news of all your accomplishments to come. S@Sea LLC Drew (your "boss")" That meant so much to me coming from him. Drew is one of the most incredibly inspiring people I have ever met. He is one of those people who make the world a better place. Between he and Staci, I have some really good role models in my life.
 
Only one more paper and one more exam (neither of which I'm worried about) separating me from being finished. I've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment