The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Ambassador's Ball

I had an absolute blast tonight at the Ambassador's Ball. I got all dressed up in my blue Moroccan dress and felt like a princess. My friends and I signed up for the first seating of dinner at 5:30. Everything was so elegant. The tables had pashminas as decorations, everyone was all dressed up, the lights were dimmed. It was great. We were served a glass of champagne over a toast to the Summer 2011 Voyage. Appetizers came out, and I chose the bruschetta, and it was fantastic. Next came the broccoli and cheddar soup, followed by a delicious caesar salad. For the main meal I chose smoked salmon with rice and vegetables. The salmon was amazing. We were also given the option to preorder wine, which I decided to do because I have been a good girl this whole trip and not used my beverage voucher once. I had a wonderful dinner with wonderful friends.
 
After dinner they had music playing in the union and out on the pool deck for dancing. After the second seating of dinner was finished, they had a dessert buffet outside of the library/computer lab. It was phenomenal. There was every kind of dessert you could imagine. They really went all out tonight.
 
The pool deck was pretty crazy. It looked like a club. Music, lights, dancing. It was a lot of fun. I didn't stay out there very long, but I had a good time.
 
I got so many great pictures tonight. I got pictures with friends, professors, staff, deans, etc. I even got a picture with the captain!! I'm so happy. I can't wait until I can post them for everybody to see.
 
I need to go to bed now. I'm exhausted, but I had a magical night. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day. It really hasn't hit me yet. I don't think it will hit me until I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment