The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stress and Exhaustion

Stress and exhaustion are hitting me full force. We have been having 23 hour days for the past four days, and we still have two more hours to lose. We also have our first exam for Global Studies (the class everybody takes) on C7, in two days. It's crazy to think that we're having our first of three exams in the class after six days of classes. It's a ton of material. I have that on C7, my Adolescence exam on C8, and I just submitted a paper tonight. Work has also been really hectic because I was in charge of assigning 300 students and 55 Lifelong Learners/Faculty/Staff/Graduate Students into families for the extended families program. It took a long time, and things had to be constantly changed around. It's done now, which is nice. We have a family dinner tomorrow night with our new families. I'm excited. It's cute. I'm also dealing with the stress of trying to figure out my plans for Spain and Italy because we'll be in Spain in four days, and then we only have one day at sea between Spain and Italy. It's going to be a whirlwind. I can't wait.
 
My Global Studies professor held a review session tonight, which was nice. It definitely helped calm me down about the upcoming exam. I was envisioning something much worse. I don't know how to study for history, so hopefully I'm able to make it work. We went over some of the facts we learned about the ship (because they will be on the test), and I thought these were pretty cool: The ship is 600 feet long, and between students, faculty/staff, family members, and the crew there are over 1,000 people on board! Isn't that crazy?? I live on a ship with 1,000 other people! Insane. Also, the ship is registered in the Bahamas, so it is considered Bahamian territory, and on board we are under Bahamian law, the law of whatever port we are in (if we are in port), and the International Maritime Law. I thought that was pretty interesting too.
 
Today we passed by Azores, which is an island in the Atlantic owned by Portugal. I'm lucky because I just happened to look out my window right when we passed by. This was the first sight of land we've had since we left the Bahamas. Apparently other people saw dolphins and sea turtles too. I'm so jealous! I missed them. I'm pretty sure there was a volcano on Azores, but it was kind of hard to tell.
 
I signed up for a bunch of clubs and organizations. I'm really excited for the dancers group. The first meeting is on C7 (Sunday). I miss dance so much. I can't wait to let loose and move.
 
I seriously have the best roommates ever. I REALLY lucked out, especially with having three of us in this tiny cabin. I love coming back to the cabin after a long day (the days here seem to go FOREVER), and just being able to unwind, chat, and laugh with them. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Surprisingly, it's 11pm and neither of them are back yet, but that's ok. I like having my alone time at night too. I think I'm going to try to go to bed now, and attempt at catching up on some sleep.Nighty Night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment