The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Field Programs/Practicum

Well, we did not win the Amazing Race...not even close, but it's ok. We had fun. They had us going all over the ship solving fancy puzzles and riddles. It was pretty intense.
 
I got my finalized list of field programs/practicum. I'm very excited! Here is the list:
 
Barcelona:
Flamenco at Night with Dinner
Doctors Without Borders: Mental Health Lecture
 
Civitavecchia:
Service Visit: Repubblica Dei Ragazzi
 
Naples:
Pompeii
Capri and Anacapri Day Trip
 
Dubrovnik:
City Orientation--City Walls
Montenegro Overnight
 
Piraeus:
Sights of Athens and Acropolis
Athens Pride: Gay Advocacy in Greece Lecture
 
Varna:
Salt Lakes of Bourgas, Healing Mud, and Nessebar
 
Istanbul:
Palaces of Istanbul and Asiatic Side
Virginity Testing and Hymen Reconstruction Lecture
 
Casablanca:
Rabat Half Day Trip
Mental Health Issues in Morocco Lecture
 
I had to cancel my service trip to the place for people with autism because they changed the date of one of my other ones, and it caused me to be double booked. They also canceled my trek through the Vulci Nature Park trip. I was looking forward to both of those, but it's ok because I have a pretty great schedule. I have to go to the lectures for my classes, but I think they all sound extremely interesting. I'm very excited to get to do all of these trips/lectures, and also travel independently as well.
 
Countdown to Barcelona: 5 Days.
 
This morning I got up, put my swim suit and my sunscreen on, was all ready to go lay out before class (what a weird concept), got outside and it was CLOUDY. The one day I finally decided to do this! The deck was empty. Usually it's packed and sunny. My mission to get a tan is not going so well. It rained today, and rumor has it we're supposed to hit a storm tonight. We'll see how this goes...

2 comments:

  1. You are going to LOVE Dubrovnik! I was just there last month, and it is stunning--the city walls are unlike anything I've ever seen before.

    Capri and Pompeii are great too, in different ways.

    I hope you are enjoying your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a very cool schedule. The Doctors Without Borders and Istanbul lectures (with the virginity testing!) sound really interesting. It all sounds interesting actually. I love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete