The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Boarded

I boarded the ship today, and lucked out with a Deck 4 room with a pretty big port hole! We had a meeting for the work-study students. I was told that I was going to be the assistant to the Outreach Coordinator, but ironically there is not an outreach coordinator on my voyage! I'm not entirely sure what my new job title is, but I am helping with their Global Ambassadors program as well as other projects that need help. I've made some friends, and I'm having a great time. I bought a really cool necklace as my Bahamas souvenir. Tomorrow we are working the regular student boarding, and then we set sail! It will take ten days to arrive in Barcelona. I won't have wifi, but I do have a free email account, which I can use to update this blog. Unfortunately, I will only be able to upload pictures while in port. Semester at Sea has it blocked because it eats up too much bandwith. If you would like to email me, the address is awevans@semesteratsea.net

(The MV Explorer)

No comments:

Post a Comment