The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello from the Bahamas!

I have arrived! I have not slept in over 30 hours, but I am in the Bahamas, wide awake and running on adrenaline! It is GORGEOUS here! I do not have much time to post, as I am about to run out the door to go to dinner, but here are some quick fun facts I have discovered:

1. Gas prices are $5.56!!! (Their money is equivalent to USD!!!)
2. They drive on the left side of the road, but they have the same cars we do (unlike in England).
3. The public buses are like extended minivans. When you want to get off the bus, you have to yell, "BUS STOP PLEASE!" Then he lets you off at the side of the road, and you pay when you get off, not when you get on!
4. Nassau is only 21 x 7 miles!

That's it for now! Hopefully I will update later tonight after dinner with a real post.

(This is where I spent my day today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment