The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Staci and Deb's Wedding





What a beautiful day, Mama! I don’t think Staci and Deb’s wedding could have been more perfect if they tried. Really, really lovely.

They held their ceremony outdoors at sunset on top of a cliff on a golf course. It was stunning. The lighting could not have been more perfect.


Isn't it stunning? Deb and Staci entered from opposite sides, neither having seen the others dress ahead of time. They both looked like absolute princesses and the look on their faces when they saw one another could just melt your heart. The ceremony itself was short but sweet and full of love. When they processed out, officially married, all of the guests were given sparklers to light and wave to congratulate them. I thought it was such a neat touch.


The reception was held inside the banquet hall just next to where the ceremony was held. They served a heavy tapas for dinner, and I found it all to be quite tasty. Their wedding cake was the biggest surprise of all! In fact, there was no wedding cake! Instead, they had a cupcake van! Think ice cream truck, but instead full of gourmet cupcakes! It was so cute, so clever, and so Californian. I loved it. Sometimes it's fun to break away from the norm, right?

One thing I thought was so kind and so special was how they really incorporated Deb's mom and Staci's uncles who had passed away. They made sure to have them be included in their special day even though they couldn't be there physically. I definitely want to do something similar for you when I eventually get married. I know you'd like that.

Another highlight of the night was getting to reunite with some others from Semester at Sea, including Drew (my "boss" from my work study position). It was nice to see him and catch up. Overall, Ligaya and I enjoyed ourselves, getting our groove on on the dance floor. The whole event was full of love and laughter. I was so happy to have been a part of their special night. I cannot think of two more deserving individuals to have had such a beautiful gathering to celebrate their love and life together. Congratulations, Staci and Deb. I can't wait to celebrate your many milestones of anniversaries to come.



Time to get myself to bed now, I'm heading to England in the morning, Mama! It's been my dream since I was 12 and now it's finally coming true!!! Next time I write to you I will be in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment