The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Sheffield, England

Hola, Mama! Tonight is my last night in England before heading off to Ireland in the morning! I've certainly had an incredible time in this country. I've spent the day exploring a bit of Sheffield while Melissa was in class. I went to a museum in the city that Melissa suggested I see, which was rather nice, and when she got out of class she met me at this indoor greenery room attached to the museum. She showed me around the city, making sure to take pictures with the classic English mailboxes ("postboxes").


Later on, Melissa took me to grab dinner at one of her favorite local places, Bloo 88, where we enjoyed some pizza (that had a fried egg on top!) and lychee martinis (amazing). The rest of the evening we spent at her house, which was some much  needed downtime. I really like her three housemates. I got along really well with them and I could tell that if I lived here we would make good friends.

My time in England has come and gone. I don't think I could have asked for a better week. I finally lived my childhood dream of visiting this country (London in particular), I saw a West End musical, did some shopping, saw my favorite band perform (twice!) from only a matter of feet away, and got to spend time with one of my best friends. It has truly been an incredible and perfect week. I am off to the train station once more in the morning to catch a train to Birmingham where I will be flying off to Dublin, Ireland for the weekend on my way home. I'm excited to see what adventures await me there!

Night night, Mama! Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment