The life and times of a twenty-something college grad trying to figure out life while traveling the world and grieving the loss of her mother. Watch the journey unfold.

Monday, April 8, 2013

VFV Photo Contest

Guess what, Mom! I have some extremely exciting news!! Volunteer for the Visayans held a photo contest for previous volunteers, where the winner of the contest would get to return to volunteer in the Philippines for 4 weeks for free! And...I WON. I won, Mom!!! I'm going back to the Philippines!! This is seriously a dream come true, and I don't think I've even processed yet what this really means. I know I told myself I'd return, but I had no idea that it would be this soon. Never in a million years did I think I'd be back this soon. I like to think you had something to do with this. I know you know how much the Philippines means to me. Thank you for bringing me this opportunity. I feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world. I literally ran around screaming and jumping when I found out I was the winner. I can't wait to be back there and see my beautiful girls at Regional Haven, all of the local girls, my homestay family, and everyone at VFV. I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like without Melissa and Ligaya, but I know I will still have an incredible time. The Philippines is probably the most sentimentally important place in the world for me. It was my everything when I felt like I had nothing last year. It was there that I found family when I needed it most. It was there that I learned to always find something to smile about when there were a million reasons to frown. It was there that I found the strength to survive the curve balls life throws your way. I honestly don't think I would be where I am today in terms of dealing with losing you if I hadn't gone to the Philippines last summer. I don't think I would be the person I am today either. My time there will always be looked back upon as one of the most pivotal and defining periods in my life. I am in complete and utter shock that I am so blessed and so fortunate to have the opportunity to return. My heart is so full of joy.

Here is the picture I won the contest with. What a cutie, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment